October 2015 Meeting Minutes
Niagara Association of Homebrewers
Meeting Minutes: October 27, 2015
- 25+ Members/Prospects were present.
- Tim Belczak is the club’s new 2015-2016 president. Marcus Palmisano was elected vice president and will become the 2016-2017 president next October.
- 2016 dues ($25/individual; $30/couple) can now be paid to Eric Stellrecht. There are a few current members who owe for 2015 and even back to 2014. If you have questions as to your membership status, Eric can be emailed at email@example.com.
- Bill and Harry attended their second meeting.
- Erik and Mary attended their first meeting.
- Sean Wall recapped a well-attended social at Marcy Casino which featured beers by Community Beer Works.
- The next Social on November 10 will be at 42 North Brewing in East Aurora.
- The next business meeting will be held on November 23, 2105 7:00 PM at Crazy Jake’s.
- Tim Belczak is finalizing a new website for the club and asked members to contribute any brewing-related photos for it. They can be uploaded to https://firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The annual Holidaze party is coming up and we are still investigating the possibility of moving it to December this year.
- Alex Placito mentioned that High Bines has local pelletized lab-tested hops for sale at $20/lb. Cascade, Nugget, and Centennial are still available. Contact Ian Howard (email@example.com) if interested.
- Albe Pilon ran the fantasy brewing draft for the four teams involved this year. Each team will brew two distinctly different beers using only the ingredients they drafted.
BJCP Style Education
- October’s BJCP style education was presented by Scott Kroon. He discussed Festbier and brought commercial examples from Paulaner and Warsteiner.
- November’s BJCP style will be Kentucky Common presented by Mark Zambron.
Meeting was adjourned and we shared delicious homebrew with one another.