September 2017 Business Meeting Minutes
Business Meeting Minutes September 26th, 2017
- We had a great turnout for our September meeting. Over 20 members plus a couple of guests. We welcomed in one new member and had some first-time attendees.
- Business discussion included Buffalo Beer Week activities, review of the Gordon Biersch September social, the BJCP tasting exam Saturday, October 7th (there is still space to sign up), supporting a Taste of Buffalo homebrew competition, and dues payments by members.
- The October social location is Brewed and Bottled in Lewiston on Tuesday, October 10th. Hope to see you there.
- An event to take note of is a homebrew exchange from noon until 3pm at Niagara Tradition this Saturday, September 30th. Bring some homebrew to share and exchange with fellow homebrewers.
- One of the meeting highlights was a Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Barleywine vertical tasting consisting of beers from 2000, 2003, 2006, 2009, 20012, & 2017 painstakingly assemble by Keith Curtachio. Thank you Keith for sharing and presenting. Next month the tasting style will be Schwarzbier.
- Another highlight was the off flavor tasting in preparation for the BJCP exam. Thank you Tim Belczak for preparing some delicious off flavors.
- The final piece of business was the election of our next vice president. Ken DeMarree and Tom Piwtorak were both gracious enough to throw their hat in the ring. After all the votes were counted, Ken DeMarree is now our new Vice President. With the election completed, Marcus Palmisano has completed his term as President. Thank you Marcus for your time and efforts as President. Scott Kroon has now taken over as President after serving as Vice President for the last year.
With that, it was motioned to close business and drink beer.